FAR 4.81% 49.5¢ far limited

Just like to thank HC support for the way they handled this...

1. 780 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Just like to thank HC support for the way they handled this modded post below. I have re-posted it with missing reference. Pays to support your all posts with references and never assume others are reading things the same as you.

Been a tough week on the World markets and FAR's SP has suffered like the rest. Great opportunity to grab some more IMO. If you bought for Kenya, than better to have a hiccup now, well before PCL drill and Seismic results come back. With Brent crude prices still above $110 p/b then I'm sure we will see good interest in FAR's blocks, East & West Africa. Just have to be patient.

Re-post with missing reference:

Hey Manlai - respect you opinion mate and can understand where you’re coming from. The world would be a pretty boring place if we all thought the same.

It was always on the cards that ME would retire one day and with a little bit of luck he may have went out on a Hardman ending - but Kora spoiled the party.

One of ME’s best skills IMO was his networking/negotiating skills which saw FAR drilling a huge African Offshore Target last year, made possible IMO by the network he built in the US where FAR was introduced to HUNT OIL. FAR now have 90% stake in Senegal and if AP hit oil later this year in an overlapping FAR Senegal target then ME has left FAR in a very good position.

My main concern however over the last few years was who would replace ME when he departed. Was it coincidental that ME merged (TO?) with Flow where Flow’s MD has successfully beat the big boys to 2 prime Kenyan blocks - personally I don't think so. I think the baton was carefully placed in the New MD's hand who has 20 years in the industry and just happens to be a professional geophysicist. She was the MD of Flow for 6 years and exhibited enough skills to secure FAR’s Kenyan blocks. I have not read an out poring of grief and anger from old Flow holders on HC. I think ME’s hidden agenda was to give FAR an experienced MD who knows how African politics work.

I just happen to sleep easy at night now knowing FAR has a new MD with these qualifications, skills and experience at the helm. I have not seen an outpouring of disgruntled ex-flow holders on HC so either they were happy with her performance or they’re a shy mob. From recollection I think Wasa has posted on Flow and one other.
    All I’m saying is that I would imagine it very difficult to find a new MD for Far with CN’s credentials and would much rather see her making a small fortune creating a Hardman ending in Kenya, than trying to save a few bucks and promoting the receptionist.

Cheers & PDYOR

FAR's Board of Directors

Link: http://www.far.com.au/irm/ShowStaticCategory.aspx?CategoryID=173&HideTopLine=True&masterpage=3

CN's Credentials:

“Catherine Norman
    Managing Director

Ms. Norman is a professional geophysicist who has twenty years' experience in the mineral and oil and gas exploration industry, having held executive positions both in Australia and the UK and carried out operating assignments in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Australia. She has a strong background in the application of traditional and innovating geophysical technologies in the search for oil and gas and in new business development. Cath served as the Managing Director of Flow Energy for 6 years.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.