OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

this is only a tax grab, you dont go after the goose with the...

1. 2,409 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    this is only a tax grab, you dont go after the goose with the golden egg. You should never go after a particular industry. Where do you stop, you open up the flood gates, you could argue woolies makes too much profit, but the profit they make is only around 5% OF TURNOVER.
    What about Telstra they made billions and their margin is much higher, lets make them pay more.
    I agree with super, that should have been done years ago to slowly increase it from 9% to 15%, i think Singapore have 18% or 21% contribution.
    My point is: what if CHina bubble burst by end of the year, and they require a lot less materials, booms do not last forever, you would have thought that Dumb & Dumber (Dudd & Swan) whould know that from recent experience, would be major job killer and big hit on economy if that happens.
    Bottom line is $10b, $20b more in govt coffers, the average Joe will see very little of it, as government are the most wastefull & ineffecient users of TAXPAYERS money. Just look at the insulation bungle......They & Peter Garret could not organise a good piss up in a brewery.
    I hope the mining companies look for projects overseas, and put ones locally on hold if its more expensive, thats business, and stick the middle finger to federal Govt who just want to tax, but not control spending or the mounting debt...POLITICALLY motivated, not what's best for the country.
    I hope they dont get the tax grab through the senate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.