PLS 1.64% $3.00 pilbara minerals limited

Resource Stock Valuation

1. 496 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    Hi all,

How to tell a clown. A clown will come out and say something is overvalued with no basis - just like the article in the Australian = very ignorant. Check demand side...

There are three ways to value a resource stock:

1. Discounted Cashflow Analysis (DCF) - where you look at each years net profit cashflow and work out what that is worth in todays terms. Typcially 10 years out as after that the discount becomes so great it has no value. This can become subjective and poor analysts like the Fosters guys can make mistakes due to a lack of caring. Blue Ocean has us at a strategic target of 2.20 using this method.

2. Enterprise Value divided by Reserve + Resource. This shows what each company is worth relative to each other. Something the clowns totally miss. I like to use this as it is the real value of everything as determined by the market. The numbers show PLS has 3x upside to catch GXY / GMM. Tianqi Lithium would be 9x today.

3. Takeover prices. Well Greenbushes which is likely smaller than us - USD 815 million. So this should be your line in the sand as this is what other companies think you are worth and willing to pay for. It was also before the price of lithium massively escalated (can someone put up our takeover value on this basis).

So.... if you want to call PLS overvalued then super. But use a basis like the above. Not just jump on a newspaper and look ignorant each of his arguments for getting into grpahite with every $ he had are the same for getting into PLS.... anyhow each to their own... an empty kettle makes the most noise my grandma used to say.

Make up your own mind to valuation. As previously stated I think we have a lot more to go.

We still have 4 to 5 mahor catalysts ignoring surpises coming out in next 4 months that each potentially add real value to our share price.

Good luck,
    Super Ninja

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.00
Change
-0.050(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $9.029B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.03 $3.06 $3.00 $41.07M 13.59M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
97 622937 $3.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.01 580 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.