MCO 0.00% 11.0¢ morning star gold n.l.

resource stocks aug 2011 feat mco - gold, page-38

1. 247 Posts.
    Again thinking over the week past but linking it this time to the previous week too:-

I suspect one of the very timely new investors in MCO is developer Charles Morton, who has been busy over past weeks lobbying to put 284 new poker machines into a (receiver appointed) sports & bowling club, with the Sydney Giants at Wagga.

Being well flushed with funds after selling his interests in one of his boutique pub chains "the Elephant and Wheelbarrow" I spoke with Chas at a mutual friend's 60th big birthday bash on July 9.

The wealth and influence of this fellow should not be overlooked. Chas Morton lives in a marvelous, home with his own church (there are tax advantages), with his beautiful wife and nine children, overlooking The Rock village. (I recall N G has eight kids - again something in common).

Chas is a startling testimony of hard won success, starting work as a humble shearer who meticulously studied law while working furiously de-fleecing sheep "on the boggi" we bushies say, to buy into, and sell out of an old and very successful, (now), Wagga law practice.

With us both coming from humble backgrounds we have often shared mutual interests. Having read my prodigious articles in "The Land" then, doing several deals with him while he was a Wagga based solicitor.

In real estate for example I eventually sold him a house for his mum after he attended several of my auctions as a real estate principal (another life, another story).

This was when Chas started heavily into goldmining and pubs, and even film making with fellow devout catholic Mel Gibson, (planning a voice over cartoon, soon I believe).

Big in heart and inspiration/asperations Chas and his eldest son caught much of my MCO enthsiasm at what turned out to be a very memorable party - wife Quinty2 who is a choir singer even, taking up karioke several times with birthday girl.

During these performances Chas looked me up again, to enthusiastically discuss MCO in depth. I pushed hard with Chas's likeable tech savvy son, the excellent MCO website and blogs etc., which no doubt they have visited.

I believe Chas or one of his companies, was behind the week's buy-up prior to last week's hearty gains, which came out of nowhere, but was holding steady as she goes, to fit his well rehearsed buying pattern.

And being a teetotaller, I believe Chas was celebrating last week's well timed immediate gains, let us say in a more healthy, and subdued manner than myself.

At the same time (and hopefully not embarassing him through this post) I believe Chas and son etc., are now now heartily enconced in my favorite party topic.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.