ASX 0.69% $60.10 asx limited

re: resource timetable, boom/bust- a view One thing that happens...

1. 708 Posts.
    re: resource timetable, boom/bust- a view One thing that happens when you don't visit HC on a regular basis is that you get an overall impression, from the posts and the stocks people post msgs on, about what is currently 'in' and the sector that speculative money is chasing. If you look at today's posts for example, about 90% are on mining and commodity stocks! Less than 6 months ago you would have struggled to see even 10 - 15%.
    This says a lot!

Today I went for lunch down at Pitt St in Sydney's CBD and bought a sandwich. The grey haired man that makes coffee there walks past me and says in a loud voice to his work collegues : "its official - there is a nickel boom". I couldn't resist and he seemed very glad that I asked : "have you got any nickel stocks?" He said yes & that he had 50K WSA at 47c. I just said that he's done well (they're $2.20 or something now). He asked me if I had any, I told him IGO & SMY. We chatted a bit more after that.

Boom or bust?
    When no body is talking bust, it will bust.
    Too many people are talking bust at the moment.

Tech is dead and will be for a while yet. Like techno - 'no one listens to techno'. People who follow this - should let go. Blue chips are expensive and you're not going to get rich buying blue chips - only poorer.

The theme for the next investment cycle is: China, nickel, gold, copper.....commodities!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$60.10
Change
0.410(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $11.65B
Open High Low Value Volume
$59.46 $60.19 $59.46 $20.04M 333.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 374 $59.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$60.11 1648 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.