SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Respect, page-253

1. 4,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    Jim the key phrase is "I don't think he is the glue" that is an impression, a thought, a figment of imagination influenced by circumstances feeding your beliefs. You don't know he is the glue and you don't know if he is the financiers preferred representative ... and neither do I.

In my opinion too much energy is wasted on seeking scapegoats. Some things we just have to believe in, and one of those is the right executives and chair are in place and will be replace either voluntarily or forced if/when the time is right. We mere mortals are simply not qualified to voice a rational opinion.

Yes we can voice our discontent, that translates to voting down remuneration recommendations and relelections or preferably the easier more certain option of pullin out funds and investing in a company than has in our limited view good quality management.

I'm not saying executive and BOD are above reproach that would be illogical. It stands to reason some people are better at their jobs than others. We can experience a good car mechanic from a poor one but it too far removed for investors to have a robust opinion about the men/woman at the top. Of course we are free to balme them and hold accountable for poor company performance. Then I think it just comes down to investor evaluating the big picture to decide if gross error of judgement or victim of circumstances - most likely there is a mix of both along that continuum.

Throw the baby out with the bath water comes to mind. If remain invested and want to see them out, I would hope that investor has a frame in mind of the qualities they want in a leader. A complex notion not one to casually answer, remember this is a law firm with all the extra requirements and networks inherent in legal land.
    Last edited by Dr.Who: 28/09/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.