There are still many things we can improve on as a nation, there...

1. 4,818 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 916
    There are still many things we can improve on as a nation, there were terrible incidences on both sides in history.
    At the end of the day though- It’s as good as any other day, the aboriginals have as a whole experienced population growth and longer lifespans since we got here and there is actually more bush thanks to the slowing of bush fires & of course the near total disappearance of fire ‘hunting’.

Stolen generation? Generally speaking, those kids were taken from homes and families that were perceived to be unable to take care of them- any Anglo etc can ask around in their family back to around the WW2 generation and many will find that a grandparent or other relative was taken away from their family for the fact same reason, my own grandpa was put in a boy’s home because of that- with at least -2 siblings his parents just couldn’t afford to care for them all.

Were there horrid and shameful incidences on both sides? Yes, most certainly there were.
    Are there greater days ahead for us all, working together? I’d like to swear but I’ll just say my oath there are greater days ahead & those will be greater thanks to all colours and creeds working together and also at times by the contribution of single groups.

I always come back to the point that hey, there were a lot worse people who could have colonised this place- just imagine if the gang who’s ‘god’ says that blacks are for hell and are happy to enslave, ( then castrate the male spaces ), forcibly convert or kill any who refuse to submit to them?

Our aboriginal friends may have been wiped out completely..
    Thanks to any and all who genuinely work for a better country to hand on to our kids and their kids- you are tip top in my book, no matter what lingo you speak, what food you eat or where your background is. Ok- I’ll give you an extra point if the food you eat includes vegemite!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.