CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

This is a good post - I think! It is a good post because it...

1. 3,210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1877
    This is a good post - I think!

It is a good post because it raises and issue in which we all share an interest in - the accountability and transparency of public companies.

Justice Brandeis is credited with the "sunlight is the best disinfectant" quote. The application of this principle is reasonably universal. The 'governance' spotlight tends to focus on large corporations and public bodies. However, I think that the funds accounted for by junior listed companies is significant and ought to be dragged into the full glare of the "sunlight". 

"More than ever, investors are holding boards accountable when things go wrong. Misalignment of pay and performance, organisation scandals, inadequate risk management and poor firm performance headline a long list of flash points.

Less considered is investor accountability and its contribution to governance. Or if enough investors are sufficiently engaged in governance processes and outcomes, and helping the board – the agents they elect to safeguard their interests – perform.
    "

https://aicd.companydirectors.com.au/advocacy/governance-leadership-centre/practice-of-governance/should-investors-be-more-accountable

It's worth a read - I think. biggrin.png  

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.