BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

in keeping with a number of people on here I was disappointed...

1. 642 Posts.
    in keeping with a number of people on here I was disappointed that Peter Cook did not play up the prospects for Vapendavir for "curing the common cold" and being used by the entire population if they had a cold. I sent an email to Peter to such effect.

He provided a very impressive and forceful response.

Firstly he acknowledged that the news had received good exposure and he was pleased the trial results were not trivialised as some health stories are such as dietary fads etc. He noted that some had speculated on the "cure for common cold" and that was fine but he couldn't advocate that as that was not what the trial was for.

He further stated that to clear all approval hurdles it needs to demonstrate economic value for the communities expense. (i guess therefore he words his statements accordingly)

then this "As the CEO of the applicant company I cannot take a posture publicly that is anything other than cold, clinical and objective any hyping of the opportunity is seen as un-objective or worse; viewed by our customers in the pharma industry, the regulators and key opinion leaders as untrustworthy and intended solely to bias outcomes"

He went on to say the value of Biota is in being seen by Big Pharma and regulators as having integrity, honesty, objectivity and technical competence.

He acknowledged that me and others who want short term gain may not be happy with the public statements but he certainly made no apologies for that.

I am sure Peter would not mind me paraphrasing or copying part of his email above.

It actually is one of the most impressive responses I have ever received. My respect has grown dramatically from reading this email.

I may actually contact Peter again on Monday and ask permission to publish his email in full.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.