AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

*Ditto Bro, To remind, even as a Tin or Tantalum Mine it's worth...

1. 5,622 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3071
    *Ditto Bro,

To remind, even as a Tin or Tantalum Mine it's worth a "Ship Load" more than nothing !

The price of a ton of tin increases by 1.42% on international markets

“The price of tin experienced an increase on international markets, during the period from June 24 to 29, 2024, trading at 32,188.75 US dollars compared to 31,732.63 US dollars, the previous week, i.e. an increase of 1.42% per tonne,” we read in a press release from the National Mercurial Commission of the Ministry of Foreign Trade.

The source noted that three commercial mining products during this period also experienced an increase in price on international markets.

The price of a kilogram of tantalum increased on international markets during the period from June 24 to 29, 2024, trading at 230 US dollars per kg compared to 228.4 US dollars the previous week, i.e. increase of 0.70% per kilogram.

However, mining statistics reveal that tantalum resources are distributed across several countries: Australia, Brazil, China, Canada and several African countries, including the Democratic Republic of Congo (DR Congo) and Rwanda.

The vast majority of tantalum (between 70 and 80% of global production) comes from DR Congo.

According to the source, the Democratic Republic of Congo beats the record at (43%), Rwanda (22%), China (6%), Brazil (6%), Australia (6%), Ethiopia (5%), Nigeria (4%), Mozambique (3%), and Russia (3%).

Tantalum production for a value of USD 79,152,135.00 in 2022 compared to 1,802 tonnes for a value of USD 131,364,792.00 in 2021, an increase of 23.20% in quantity and a decrease in value of 39.74%. Feb 1 2023.

Tantalum in the term “coltan” is used in Central Africa to designate an ore containing tantalum (Ta) and niobium (Nb), two strategic metals for modern technologies.

Coltan from the DRC is exploited mainly in the east of the country, in the provinces of South Kivu, North Kivu, Maniema and Tanganyika.

mediacongo

*Don't forget the Tin - It's a very precious thing !

Metals most impacted by new technology.png

#Tin.jpg

Tantalum.JPG

Food for thought

Frank

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.