RAC 3.77% $1.41 race oncology ltd

Doctor, and other serious investors please ignore. just some...

1. 1,683 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 330

Doctor, and other serious investors please ignore. just some jibberjabber whilst waiting for news. And yes I am not expecting and materialnews over the few months.

Understand100% ROI, the high costs of development and etc. even if companies do notacknowledge it, they only exist to make money. social responsibility is asecondary compliance thing.

withthe royal commission finished in the financial sector, I have learned tworelevant terms -

“responsiblecorporate citizen” and “meeting public expectations”. The RAC team isthere to make money, but I hope I can somehow, help them being a responsiblecorporate citizen which meets public (not just shareholders) expectations.

Three examples of what I hope RAC will not become -

Aspen-

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/drug-giant-s-secret-plan-to-destroy-cancer-medicine-75rg6wt2n
    Epipen-

https://amp.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/lives-are-on-the-line-fury-grows-over-400-per-cent-epipen-price-hike/news-story/cdf284c9e90cc0261f6664845cae27eb

ibrutinib -

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/04/doctors-tried-to-lower-148k-cancer-drug-cost-makers-triple-price-of-pill/?amp=1

Findthis industry fascinating. Guess I can also not blame the industry alone as youcharge what people are willing to pay. Still, need to read more on if the price isonly determined on markets willing to pay and if these companies everconsidered lowering the price to access more markets. It would appear thatpharmaceutical companies with high drug prices do not even try to be a playerin the Asian market (unproven opinion and not fact). I guess you can also notblame them as there is a lot of talk about the disregard of patents in somecountries (not necessary fact)

Quick and current case study of % and price. The FDA recently approvedReblozyl.

Reblozyl reduced blood transfusion requirements by 33% in ~20% of patients, andby 50% in ~8%.

A typical dose of Reblozyl consists of 1 mg of the drug for a kilogram of the patient's weight. A 75 mg vial of Reblozyl will be available at a wholesaleacquisition cost of US$10,323.53 per vial. Dosing is every three weeks. This cost does not include hospital markup or admin fee.

It's just mind-blowing how they came to that price even with a relatively lowsuccess rate.

I am confident
    bisantrene will get FDA approval.Just a case of when and if there is enough $ in the bank to get it to thatstage. no doubt it will be very an expensive and long road. What the price of bisantrene will be once approved? Given the latest trends, I reckon itwill be good news for investors.

Sowhy the share price is low, I have no idea. even if you look at the loggedpatent, it can be extended multiple times. interesting read -

https://www.drugpatentwatch.com/blog/how-long-do-drug-patents-last/amp/

RAC is, in my opinion, a gold mine - FDA appears to have a low bar (the drug may have a relatively low success rate as long as if does not cause material harm), Patent can be extended multiple times, bisantrene can be sold to patients for above US$100,000 pa. I just hope RAC will be a responsiblecorporate citizen which meets public (not just the shareholders) expectations

Warningattempted joke - at this price it will be cheaper to buy the company than thedrug once approved.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.41
Change
-0.055(3.77%)
Mkt cap ! $236.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.45 $1.45 $1.40 $157.9K 111.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3980 $1.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.41 2613 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.40
  Change
-0.055 ( 2.23 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.44 $1.44 $1.40 6146
Last updated 15.46pm 28/05/2024 ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.