LYC 0.23% $6.42 lynas rare earths limited

The value of the mine is based on the IRR attributable to the...

1. 9,099 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17702
    The value of the mine is based on the IRR attributable to the mine. That is production over time at a given REE price and capex/opex costs associated with that development. When you develop a mine you must meet your hurdle rate of return. You can't just take the resource and multiply it by price to come to a value. The value of the mine is the profit to attribute from the mine going forward. I hear the comment about the other producer - same same, the market is giving it a value because the discounted cash flow of that mine when operational is assumed by investors to meet the hurdle rate of return. In a nutshell without profit the mine is worth nothing, and by profit I mean future projections of profit. So LYC is trending up because the market is saying that its profit over time is expected to grow. I don't know what else to say, but that is how stockbrokers etc value a mines worth (including in any takeover battle). It is no pint looking at one side of the equation without the other - if I ever get around to it I might do my own discounted cash flow model (an IRR model) but with three year old twins finding it hard to model anything yet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.42
Change
0.015(0.23%)
Mkt cap ! $5.977B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.47 $6.48 $6.34 $12.65M 1.969M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
24 20847 $6.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.42 2399 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.05pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.