CER 0.00% 32.0¢ centro retail group

A whopping +10c from the mark to market of the derivatives,...

1. 136 Posts.
    A whopping +10c from the mark to market of the derivatives, although that was expected. +2c from asset revaluations with a -5c impact from FX translation and +1c from profit.

A pretty solid result and in line with my expectations but closer to those of defabs - you are all over this thing like a pitbull on a poodle!

There are still concerns over the statements regarding potential recapitalisation. The usual noise about the Board acting in the interests of CER shareholders but in reality they are also trying to satisfy a majority shareholder and RE. The optimist in me sees a restructure that does not dilute the minorities, but the pessimist sees CNP and its debtholders taking their pound of flesh in any deal.

It appears that the market shares those concerns at the moment, as well as the debt rollover due later in the year (which I imagine won't be a problem but the terms will be important) with CER opening lower.

Unless I am missing something there was no mention of any asset sales, only that negotiations are ongoing. I think we'd all be happier if some assets were offloaded at premiums to book.

Overall comfortable with my decision to take some money off the table and if I get a chance to get back in at lower prices I will. But am hoping it's onwards and upwards for the CER share price!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CER (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.