NFK 0.00% 47.5¢ norfolk group limited

results better than first glance

1. 1,084 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1517
    There is some very good news for this year and next hidden in the figures released today. The market has not yet realised this:

* $4M of cost savings to be achieved this year, plus another $6M in FY14 (I have assumed all remaining cost savings from the total of $10M occur by June 2014).

* $20M of payments received in the first week of October do not appear in the cash flow or balance sheet yet. Net debt will be rapidly reduced with only 25% dividend payout, and the receipt of this overdue cash.

* IMO, the negative impacts on EBIT for this half are all likely to be one-offs for this year, whereas the positive impacts are all recurring, due to efficiencies already implemented.

At the current market price and my predicted NPAT for FY13 of $19M, NFK is still very profitable on ROE of over 15% and has a FY13 P/E of around 5.6. It is currently at more than 10% discount on book price. Looking forward, and assuming a further $6M of savings in FY14, the ROE will be back above 20% and the forward FY14 P/E will be around 4.0 based on my assumed NPAT of $27M (as well as the further cost savings, the negative impacts of this first half should not occur again next year). If this doesn't make NFK a takeover target, I don't know what will.

Before you say this is a ramp up, I have today bought more NFK shares, and will not be selling until it gets taken over or until the price doubles.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NFK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.