A2M 1.31% $6.94 the a2 milk company limited

The slight irony in your comment is that JH wanted to more...

1. 4,130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1802
    The slight irony in your comment is that JH wanted to more aggressively market A2M in China (at greater cost to margins) which would have helped diversify away a little from daigou reliance. It sounds like she also raised concerns about the outdated sales/inventory tracking systems, which contributed to an inventory oversupply and write-downs. Of course there are plenty of things she did that I disagree with along with many other shareholders.

I think PN deserves more blame, and JH deserves actually a little more credit, than either seem to get. I respect Geoff Babidge, but having anyone as an caretaker CEO during such a critical period was also unfortunate when decisive actions were needed. But personally I hope DB does take at least one leaf from JH's book and return to the aggressive focus on marketing.

Wouldn't you rather be investing $$$/margin into advertising to boost sales and capitalise on an already strong brand, rather than bleeding it through inventory write-downs due to poorly managed supply levels?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.94
Change
0.090(1.31%)
Mkt cap ! $4.999B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.90 $6.95 $6.89 $2.300M 332.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 11039 $6.94

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.95 27997 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.03pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.