CDA 0.58% $12.07 codan limited

results, page-12

1. DSD
    15,757 Posts.
    Africa is riddled with gold metal detectors selling for a fraction of stuff CDA produces. See below link where METAL detectors start at A$279. Top of range is A$945. I rang dealership but its a huge warehouse they were confused by my questions. They simply take orders and post/deliver. Not sure if they are GOLD detectors but ad says they do.

http://www.iwarehouse.co.za/hobbies/metal-detectors/garrett?gclid=CPX15Pam3bwCFZShtAodBCkARQ&price=-10000

Just rang CDA dealership in Cape Town. Unfortunately owner was tied-up with customer and spoke with his wife. She says:
    a) They stock minelab detectors selling for R54-R60,000. Says 'we used to sell a lot until a year ago but sales have died'.
    b) Current best seller is GOLD detector from USA which retails below R10,000 (A$1,000)
    c) Plus i have discovered there are plenty gold detectors including minelab (CDA) stuff selling 2nd hand for a fraction of new price. Phone 0011 27 219765466.

So in brief: Competition is massive, competitors are cheaper, macro is dead. Avoid imo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.