"You are wrong @wostup because the NT is full of the spirit or...

1. 23,355 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "You are wrong @wostup because the NT is full of the spirit or soul surviving death because this survival is part of what Christ's sacrifice is about.
    If you deny this you deny what Christ's sacrifice is about which is fine as each can believe what they like."

The Bible is NOT full of them, as I have been looking and also what the people of the net use.
    Many of yours can be countered with the Bible, but maybe another time.
    But at the same time, I can see how and why your view them that way and not to mention, you have probably looked site that also give their views on the verse you quote, effectively planting your seeds = thoughts.
    However, I am able to fairly see both sides of the fence, with an unbias view and let the overall truth win the day.

John ch 5 - and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.
    Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
    and come forth— those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. (judgement).

This also includes those living when he comes, Paul tells people, not to be troubled for the likes of your loved ones having fallen asleep (dead), then he goes on to describe this resurrection that Jesus speaks of, to give them comfort.

So, can you explain to me or do you have thoughts as to WHY Paul simply just didn't say, hey guys, don't worry as your loved ones are already in some form, with Jesus ?????????????? wink.png
    -----------
    "Philippians 1:
    21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. (Look at the above quote)
    22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labour for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!
    23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; (Look to the above quote)
    24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body."

I'll only cover one aspect (apart from my additions) of this for you to think on.
    Lets say it is correct as above, soul sleep as the term some use.
    I expect that time will mean zero, you could be asleep for many years and on awakening, the reresection, it would be like you just went to bed the night before and you awake and are with Jesus and he has a morning coffee for you tongue.png and says, G'Day Mate, drink this as I'm just popping over to wake up Whereu LOL.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.