"This is what I've been saying all along wotsup. Life and death...

1. 23,033 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "This is what I've been saying all along wotsup. Life and death in the spiritual narratives of the Bible refer to spiritual life and death."

You appear to be only speaking of death in one aspect (spiritual) and not the other, known as literally being asleep (dead).
    You can be literally alive, but spiritually dead.
    Then from what I gather, there will be a literal resurrection of the literal dead and those living, to eternal life or the other, destroyed.

"Spiritual death has been destroyed. It is found in the Revelation of Baha'u'llah"

Even if we accept both of our faiths, everyone one is not spiritually alive, so it has not been destroyed, from what I'm seeing.

From what I gather Kam, you might say there are 3 stages and the 3rd yet to come is life eternal, literal in some form.

1. 1st birth, born of water = from your mother.
    2. 2nd birth, born of Spirit = of God, spiritually now.

John 5:24, 25 - Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life
    Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. (Spiritually in the hear and now, imo).

Eph 2:6 - and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
    Col 2:12 - having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

3. John 5:27, - And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
    Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
    And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgement.

The latter here from what I'm seeing, is the eternal life aspect (literal in some form), whether you get it or not.
    ------------------
    Or do you see things differently, regarding the latter here?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.