"When you say "everyone is not spiritually alive, so it has not...

1. 23,024 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "When you say "everyone is not spiritually alive, so it has not been destroyed" it begs the following question:"

"
    When the dead are resurrected when Jesus returns does no one die after that? Is it the end of death for the good, the bad and the evil ones?"

1st you are born of water (mother), fleshly and so it goes, you are dead in or to sin.

Hence -> John 5:24, 25 - Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
    Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and
    now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.

The above, 2nd birth, born again of Spirit (words), Spiritually alive in the hear and now, stage 2 you might say.

5:26 - For as the Father has life in Himself
    ( John 1:4 - words), so He has granted the Son (words) to have life in Himself,
    (John 6:68 - But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
    1 Peter 1:23 - having been
    born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,)

John 5:27, - and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.
    Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming
    (not now is) in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
    and come forth— those who have done good,
    to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgement.

1 Thes 4:16 - For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
    Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

I am seeing that John 5:27 onward to this 1 Thes reference as being one in the same thing (could be wrong?).
    The dead in Christ = those Spiritually alive in Jesus before they literally died.
    It would not seem practical to suggest that the dead in Christ are those that were spiritually dead at his coming.
    Not to mention that there are other verses that show, those in Jesus are gathered first, all be it, it might all be very close together, where the Book of life eternal is then opened.

The latter of the above quotes, appear to me, to be a literal resurrection to eternal life, in some form or another, our 3rd stage accomplished.
    Hence death no more for these people, and the ones that don't fit the bill so to speak, are destroyed eternally = death (literally) no more at all, for the good or the bad.

I don't go along with the eternal torment line, that many follow.
    ----------------
    Does your faith teach an eternal life literally, in some form or another?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.