This is what I'm seeing, a body was formed with all it's parts,...

1. 23,024 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    This is what I'm seeing, a body was formed with all it's parts, it received the breath of life (spirit) and came alive and THAT package is deemed as a living soul.
    I would suggest that animals are much the same in that regard?
    That package dies (goes to sleep as the Bible puts it) and the breath of life (spirit) goes back to the one who gave it, but not necessarily literally.

God gives us life, we do not have life within ourselves as I see it, otherwise you're suggesting immortality, you will not die, which is said to be the lie from Eden.

"Without the soul, the body dies."

The soul is the package from what I'm seeing, and it only dies when the breath of life leaves, which is in the blood (oxygen in the blood), as the Bible says, currently life is in the blood in regards to the fleshly body.

Future possibility (?) considering that Jesus went out of his way to prove he was not a spirit, when he was resurrected, but flesh and bone.
    1 Cor 15:28 - Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

God is Spirit, the Holy, so is it the case that our life then is in the Spirit (not blood), hence God all in all, via Spirit and naturally his word as well, which is his Spirit Person expressed.
    From our way of thinking, that may seem strange, but if you think of the said genuine cases that people have been healed (by the Spirit), is the thought off track or unreasonable?

1 Cor 15:44 - It is sown a natural body (Soul?); it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

With the following, keep in mind it was a vision and symbolic etc.
    Rev 6:9, 10 - When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held.
    And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”

Interlinear on this word Soul.
    psuché: breath, the soul
    Original Word: ψυχή, ῆς, ἡ
    Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
    Transliteration: psuché
    Phonetic Spelling: (psoo-khay')
    Definition: breath, the soul
    Usage: (a) the vital breath, breath of life, (b) the human soul, (c) the soul as the seat of affections and will, (d) the self, (e) a human person, an individual.

Imo, we need to draw upon the actual definition and not so much the term "usage", which to me often translates to = giving you a license to create whatever suits your bias seeds LOL.

The souls under the alter, symbolic, could be in the same context, or likes of, Able's blood crying out from the grave = obviously not literally, not that that is relevant for what I cover here.
    -----------
    "The soul belongs to God, is "breathed" into the body and gives the body life,"

The soul is NOT breathed into the body, the soul is the results of the breath of life, going into the body, which then becomes a living soul.
    The spirit = breath of life, is what belongs to God.
    -----------
    "Yes the soul is a living reality and is the very reason the body is seen to be alive."

The Body/soul is alive due to the breath of life -> life is in the blood which transfers oxygen, the breath of life.
    ------------
    "The soul belongs to God....................and upon death makes its journey back to its Creator and Beloved."

That's not what the following suggests;
    1 Thes 4:16 - For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
    1 Cor 15:21, 22 - Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—
    in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
    For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality
    So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

The subject leading into some of these areas, is talking about not being troubled or concerned about those that have previously literally died, so we are not just speaking a spiritual resurrection in the here and now, in these verses, as I'm seeing it.

From what I gather, there is but one literal resurrection of ALL kinds, or very close together.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.