"God is not a literal cloud. God is a Spirit and is unchanging,...

1. 23,041 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "God is not a literal cloud. God is a Spirit and is unchanging, immutable. He doesn't change from a Spirit into a fluffy bit of water vapour. The cloud in Exodus is theological, allegorical language used to "represent" God.

"Do you believe God changes into other things?"

HOUSTON tongue.png -> how is it at all possible that Kam would get the above, from my following message????????????? LOL.

My post -> The cloud in Ex appears to me to be a literal cloud which Yehowah was in, so that does nothing for your case, if I'm correct.

Ex 13:21 - And Yehowah went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so as to go by day and night.

So he changed into nothing.

Heb 1:1-3 - God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers in the prophets,
    Hath in these last days spoken unto us in his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, through whom also he made the worlds;
    Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Logic and commonsense here tells us, that all these verses are in reference to the expressed words of God, in various ways etc.
    Brightness or radiant = light, God is light, Father of and so is his word deemed as light. Psa 119:105 etc.
    Glory as shown in John 17:20-24, is also in reference to the word of God.

" upholding all things by the word of his power," = The words he was given from the Father, but once again showing us that the topic, context, is centered around the word of God.
    Hence, by the time of Jesus's raising by God Deu 18:18, after his Baptism which is when he was sent into the world, he would of had the words of God without measure, so when he expressed them out, he Became the express image of God's Person = Word, The Word.

God's words are his Spirit person expressed.
    Jesus in John 14:10 defines seeing the Father by hearing the words coming from him = seeing Spiritually.

Anyway, I probably run a wee bit off track here, but the Heb quote from you has no relationship as I see it, to Jesus going and coming in the clouds, and people being caught up in the clouds, to meet Jesus.
    Literal clouds are being referenced.
    And neither does your Ex 13:21 support your cause, as I'm seeing it.

Are you perhaps going a bit too far with the extent of your spiritual thinking, applying it too much?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.