John 10.36 (KJV)36say ye of him, whom the Father hath...

1. 3,610 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 547
    John 10.36 (KJV)
    36say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

When in Matthew 16:15–15, Peter states

"You are Christ, the Son of the living God", Jesus not only accepts the titles, but calls Peter "blessed" because his declaration had been revealed to him by "my Father who is in Heaven".

According to John Yieh, in this account the Gospel of Matthew is unequivocally stating this as the church's view of Jesus.

In the Sanhedrin trial of Jesus in Mark 14:61, when the high priest asked Jesus: "Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?"
    In the next verse, Jesus responded "I am".

Jesus' claim here was emphatic enough to make the high priest tear his robe.

In the new Testament Jesus uses the term "my Father" as a direct and unequivocal assertion of his sonship, and a unique relationship with the Father beyond any attribution of titles by others

In Matthew 11:27 Jesus claims a direct relationship to God the Father:

"No one knows the Son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the Son", asserting the mutual knowledge he has with the Father.
    In John 5:23 he claims that the Son and the Father receive the same type of honor, stating: "so that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father".
    In John 5:26 he claims to possess life as the Father does: "Just as the Father has life in himself, so also he gave to his Son the possession of life in himself".
    In a number of other episodes Jesus claims sonship by referring to the Father, e.g. in Luke 2:49 when he is found in the temple a young Jesus calls the temple "my Father's house", just as he does later in John 2:16

in the Cleansing of the Temple episode.[65] In Matthew 3:17 and Luke 3:22

Jesus allows himself to be called the Son of God by the voice from above, not objecting to the title.

References to "my Father" by Jesus in the New Testament are distinguished in that he never includes other individuals in them and only refers to "his Father", however when addressing the disciples he uses "your Father", excluding himself from the reference.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.