Resurrection of Christ, page-817

1. 4,142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    "If you say they fit Bible verses perfectly, then that suggests you've seen them (bible verses), so cough them up so I can assess them lol."

That the soul is unique to human beings and is separate from the body, the clear verse is Matthew 10:28

That "spirit" exists in all of reality, the clear verses are Ecc 3:21 and also the fact that God is Spirit (John 4:24). These two verses clearly show that the word "spirit" is a generality, and finds specificity when it is expressed through more complex forms of life. The more complex the life form, the fruits of the spirit are expressed more fully.

"Not to mention, my Book says God is not a God of confusion, does yours say that? lol."

Lol, but don't you think there is confusion when you say that Genesis 2 is saying that the soul is part of the body, and then Matthew 10:28 tells you clearly that the soul and body are separate? Isn't that confusing for you? lol

"So what's your take on the meaning of worshipping in spirit?"

As I say, spirit extends beyond just the human spirit, so how do humans align our spirit to the Spirit of God and worship Him with a spirit that is worthy.
    I think this takes work. We need to work on our humility, our meekness, our steadfastness and detachment from world things (that is why we close our physical eyes after all). There are many veils (materialism, prejudice, self-centredness and ego etc etc) which make our spirit unworthy.

In the Baha'i Long Obligatory Prayer we start with the following verse:

O Thou Who art the Lord of all names and the Maker of the heavens! I beseech Thee by them Who are the Daysprings of Thine invisible Essence, the Most Exalted, the All-Glorious, to make of my prayer a fire that will burn away the veils which have shut me out from Thy beauty, and a light that will lead me unto the ocean of Thy Presence.

Kam

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.