Resurrection of Christ, page-828

1. 4,319 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Ok we need to speak the same language.

The word "literal" is opposed by the word "symbolic"

When something literally happens or is a literal reality, it means it actually happened or actually exists.

Contrarily, when something is symbolic, it means it didn't actually happen but has a deeper meaning somewhere (like "let the dead bury the dead" or "I was flying in the clouds with joy when I saw you"

Now this is different to the words "physical" or "fleshy" which is opposed to the word "spiritual"

Physical or fleshy things are made of matter and can be observed by scientific instruments. Like bone, or muscle, or legs.

Spiritual things are not made of matter. They originate from the spirit/human soul. They cannot be described with scientific instruments as they are not material. Even the fruits of the spirit cannot be attributed to matter. Generosity, humility, perseverance, sincerity, purity etc have no composition of matter. We cannot describe the chemical structure of humility, but we can describe the chemical structure of bones and muscles, or other fleshy or physical things.

Do we agree on these descriptions?

If so, then the soul is not a physical thing as you are saying that I think. I don't think that.

The human soul has no chemical composition and will never be described by a chemical structure described in a lab.

Kam

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.