"No, not two individuals. The body is a vehicle, the spirit is...

1. 23,278 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "No, not two individuals. The body is a vehicle, the spirit is the cognitive reality with higher consciousness that has enabled us to stand apart from the animal kingdom, manipulate nature and recognise God."

I doubt that you will be able to support that from the Bible.

The body was formed, made according to the Bible and it did not get life until the breath of live -> oxygen.
    I would suggest to you that, the difference between man and animal, is simply due to the brain.
    Hence what we deem as spirit and soul, are simply derived from the brains thoughts, from it's memory bank etc.
    Our words are deemed as the spirit of us.

Matt - Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’
    The heart and soul feelings there etc, are from the brain.

"Humans are the only ones in the Genesis account to receive the breath of life from God. "

I would put it to you that, the only reason the breath of life for animals was not mentioned was, that it is so obvious that it goes without saying, they and plants for that matter, have to have the breath of life.
    Not to mention, there is not descriptions, details given to the making of animals, hence no mention of the breath of life.

There is absolutely no mention of man (vehicle) receiving a spirit and soul after coming alive.

I would suggest that the term that we are to live in the spirit and not in the flesh, is that the spirit you are to live in is God's, as in his ways and instructions etc and not referring to a spirit in your flesh.
    Hence you are not to live in the spirit of the world.

Hence, one of Jesus's quotes -> They are not of this world, even as I'm not of this world.
    They and him are deemed as of above, of heaven, of God.

"The breath of life is when a spirit becomes associated with every human at conception."

I would suggest the breath of life is simply in the blood of the mother, until birth when they then take their own first breath of life to feed into their blood stream.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.