Resurrection of Christ, page-572

1. 6,566 Posts.
    I get what angus. . . is saying, and we should guard against any kind of dictatorial, unrepresentative body taking over the international community, but my point is that nothing can hold back this ever-more interconnectedness of nations and peoples, so let's try for something good with positive outcomes. There will come a time when some international, authoritative body will have to exist or we will not. One free of vetos and the indulgences of nations, one that all nations are bound to as a source of arbitration when in dispute so that the fallback position is not war.

I appreciate that my version is a tad utopian and it's a long way off and I also think it will only come about after a monumental, global collapse via any of a number of sources, and I fear that as we venture forth upon this age of consequence many horrors still await humankind.

After the First World War we formed the League of Nations. America would not join and it failed.

After the Second World War we got the United Nations. Somewhat better, yet 5 nations can exercise veto which renders it all but useless.

Not sure how many mega catastrophes or conflagrations are needed to knock us into shape but we seem to get a bit closer to a better system each time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.