Resurrections

1. 229 Posts.
    "During the Ministry of Jesus on earth, before his death, Jesus commissioned his Twelve Apostles to, among other things, raise the dead. In the New Testament, Jesus is said to have raised several persons from death. These resurrections included the daughter of Jairus shortly after death, a young man in the midst of his own funeral procession, and Lazarus, who had been buried for four days. According to the Gospel of Matthew, after Jesus's resurrection, many of those previously dead came out of their tombs and entered Jerusalem, where they appeared to many."

The Book of Revelation also makes many references about the Day of Judgment when the dead will be raised.

=============
    Seems a bit inconvenient to be resurrected during a funeral procession? I guess if you are cremated you go straight to hell fire?

So if you don't believe, it's just death and burial/cremation and no Torments of the grave, no Resurrection and no Judgement day - or is it? We'll see you in 2117? or whenever the year/hour is for all the believers and non-believers.

106bn in graves to date I think
    500bn in sea to 6tn/7tn if you believe in Noah''s flood global/regional?- various calculations.
    Levant area big enough
    ============

Difference from Platonic philosophy
    In Platonic philosophy and other Greek philosophical thought, at death the soul was said to leave the inferior body behind. The idea that Jesus was resurrected spiritually rather than physically even gained popularity among some Christian teachers, whom the author of 1 John declared to be antichrists. Similar beliefs appeared in the early church as Gnosticism. However, in Luke 24:39, the resurrected Jesus expressly states "behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Handle me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."

Hinduism
    There are folklore, stories, and extractions from certain holy texts that refer to resurrections. One major folklore is that of Savitri saving her husband's life from Yamraj. In the Ramayana, after Ravana was slayed by Rama in a great battle between good and evil, Rama requests the king of Gods, Indra, to restore the lives of all the monkeys who died in the great battle.

Islam
    Belief in the "Day of Resurrection", Yawm al-Qiyāmah (Arabic: يوم القيامة‎ is also crucial for Muslims. They believe the time of Qiyāmah is preordained by God but unknown to man. The trials and tribulations preceding and during the Qiyāmah are described in the Qur'an and the hadith, and also in the commentaries of scholars. The Qur'an emphasizes bodily resurrection, a break from the pre-Islamic Arabian understanding of death.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.