retail, jobs suffering alldue to high property, page-9

1. 17,117 Posts.
    some people think the inner suburbs are grotty, with little dog boxes called home
    they prefer their larger houses, on the quarter acre blocks
    when I first moved to Melb 25 years ago..I met a stack of people, who lived in the outer burbs...they rarely visited the city, some had been there in their youth, but never went back

Melb has a population of roughly 5 mill, if we said half were working age, the remainder very young or old
    you have to be kidding if you think 2.5 million people work or need to visit the CBD for work etc

there are jobs all over the place, closer to home in the outer suburbs...no need for many to sit in the car park every day...
    they also say, Melburnians would rather drive their cars, than use public transport...
    again there was a botching of the public transport for the 16 years labor were in office in that state

all the housing gloom on this site, seems to be about the inner city problems....a very small, tiny community... compared to the larger community, population...
    like the rest of Melb...or Sydney

is it a youth problem ?... the stats say, its the young ones that are predominately in that inner city area ...

I am sure they will build stacks of little boxes, to relieve the pain...like the former labor govnut was going to do a high rise on every public transport stop...
    but the residents and local councils did not agree

they tend to have social problems when they put a thousand residents into a tiny space....with cheap housing

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.