MTS 1.12% $3.52 metcash limited

Amazon are not focussed on brick and mortar, I doubt they would...

1. 2,000 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    Amazon are not focussed on brick and mortar, I doubt they would be interested in an extensive portfolio of shops like WOW. IGA are mostly independently owned (the "I" !); not owned by MTS - MTS are the distributors only.

Having said that, the new store concept that Amazon are trialling (in Seattle?) is interesting: customers just walk in and take what they want - no checkouts, no security, nothing. The thing is that every Amazon customer is tagged with an electronic device (that must be on them to get in) and the door scanners simply record the items you have with you when you exit and bill you directly. Good, in that you don't need to line up to pay, etc, bad in that there is zero human interaction and very Orwellian (what else will they use the "personal identifiers" for?)

I know, people will say that if you live "normally" you have nothing to fear. But I am a libertarian and am concerned about expanded use. Driving licences were once benign. Now try to live if you haven't got one to use as ID (which is supposedly against the law in many states, btw, but they get around it by saying you "may" use it for ID, not compelled to!).

Gnawing at an old bone!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MTS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.52
Change
-0.040(1.12%)
Mkt cap ! $3.863B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.55 $3.56 $3.51 $8.842M 2.509M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 122678 $3.51

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.53 59223 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MTS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.