CXO 4.17% 11.5¢ core lithium ltd

Lithium Plus Minerals sruck a vein that is even 11 meters...

1. 461 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2042
    Lithium Plus Minerals sruck a vein that is even 11 meters thicker (so far) than Core's BP33 find, which is one of the thickest hard rock spud sources identified. The properties are adjacent to each other (they're only two km apart).

In all likelihood, from what I've read so far, they're either two parts of the same massive deposit or they are cousins in a series of adjacent deposits. Both firms have plans to drill towards each other's massive finds, to determine that, AND both deposits are still deemed open at the bottom, and could run deeper than already determined.

In my opinion, Lithium Plus Minerals (LPM) has a market cap of less than $40M (USD), or just over $61M (AUD). CXO has roughly $250M (AUD) in the bank, with the recent CR. We still have to wait for official numbers, but it sounds like if CXO would purchase LPM, we could probably double our resource, for a pittance.

Given where we are, right now, I understand that BP33 development and plant optimization are our two biggest CAPEX issues, and there's the possibility of a midstream plant in the future, but acquiring LPM and doubling our resource (maybe even more), for this low of a price, would justify the CR, even at the ridiculous valuation. There is also the possibility of doing a share swap, but I would, personally, prefer not to be diluted anymore, and the money IS there.

I appreciate that there's Carlton, other nearby pegmatites and the Finnis Gold projects that also require some CAPEX, soon, but this is too good an opportunity to pass by. It's even better than all that, because since it is literally next door to our current facility, we would not need to build another plant, but expand and improve existing equipment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.