DJS 0.00% $3.99 david jones limited

Retail sales rose a seasonally adjusted 0.5 per cent in May,...

1. 853 Posts.
    Retail sales rose a seasonally adjusted 0.5 per cent in May, better than the 0.3 per cent rise expected by economists, with shoppers returning to department stores and eating out more frequently, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

Economists said the solid spending showed the domestic economy was strong, with support coming from interest rate cuts in recent months and a fresh wave of government handouts for families.

If it's turned the corner, DJS is the stock to hold. Maybe a bit of WES as well but mainly DJS for me. Would love to see them get bought out by Nordstrom, what a power house. that would be, all the luxury goods in 1 spot, why would you go anywhere else unless you were a bogan?

It's great watching all these downrampers and analysts writing off DJS, mainly because they don't see the trance shops like DJS has on women. I'll never pretend to understand that trance ie shoes, dresses, fine handbags etc. much like women can't understand the trance men have on things like AFL, horses and women. As long as that still exists, there is room for DJS to go very well.

They need to improve service, I think shifting the wage structure to partial commission would help. Also, deliveries should be conducted in-house and not outsourced. Focus on quality online experience will enhance the loyalty.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DJS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.