SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

retain a few with a very long focus imo, page-28

1. 1,025 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    Flick,

Correct me if I am wrong as I don't want to offend - but isn't the real issue here about soverignty to do with the afican nationals looking after their own?

I mean from what I have seen in DRC and now Tanzania is much the same as what SA is doing with its BEE (Black Empowerment Enterprise) Yes they are reviewing contracts with companies who are not employing local groups hence allowing a majority of money to flow outside the country. These groups employ locals who in turn support locals. The money stays within the country to grow the country. Funny that - isn't that how most western nations became strong by not allowing their resources to be plundered by offshore interests.

With respect to SDL aren't they employing mostly locals, generating income and infrastructure for the locals of Cameroon - all with the governments backing? Every site photo I see that SDL has released shows mostly locals (Blacks without wanting to sound racist) operating drill rigs and in the core farms, building infrastructure. SDL are keen to develop power grids, housing, and other infrastructure using locals as this will be cheaper than FIFO operations. I firmly believe in the saying Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and you will feed him for his life!

No wonder BHP is getting reviewed with their greedy nature, however at point in time I cannot see any reason to doubt the government with respect to SDL's mining activities IMHO.

Comments????

Maxi... :o)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.