As has been said before, since the coalition have ceased using...

1. 2,144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    As has been said before, since the coalition have ceased using these interpreters the interpreters may have switched allegiances so as to get a pay cheque from the taliban.

We need to find out if they were/are on the side of democracy.

If an officer wants to burn his medals, shave his head or even do something really stupid, good government isn't bound by that drama.

Look here. During the Vietnam War a father with a child, decided to self immolate outside the pentagon to protest the war. What, did he expect that would change things?
    Did the taliban under bin laden imagine flying a passenger jet into the pentagon would suddenly make the extreme Islamist world somehow desirable in comparison to the West?
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3378/3378691-01b29adad36b50550e9eff20a0b0b502.jpg

Look, I just don't want more Man-monis type crazies here.

We're talking about people who never had running water or electricity and who often listen to crazy interpretations of islam where they literally follow their prophet and dip dead flies into their drinking water as Mohammed apparently did.
    If we bring imams in from a land where they never had sanitation before and we tell him that dipping a dead fly into his drinking water is unhealthy, he may well resent us for altering his religious practices, with our evil modern running water and hygiene ideas.

I want our government to be sure they aren't letting an islamist psycho in and, I want our government to be sure that their families are not being held hostage unless these interpreters blow something up here. When we are sure they are all good, yes, bring them in then.

But burning medals etc shouldn't make our government move on the issue.

That medal burning officer would have got a lot further by contacting the producer from one of the morning TV shows or evening news discussion shows and presenting a reasoned case, with evidence.

Last edited by batfink68: 20/07/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.