BHP 0.36% $41.26 bhp group limited

retracement overdue, page-5

1. 192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    I have a theory that suggests all is not lost for our friend Barry. Talking to a friend of mine who is a hedge fund manager, he explained how the last 6 months has been extremely tough and he has pretty much not made a dollar. My theory is these managers are using the lift on the short selling ban to manipulate the market in the direction they desire in order to make up for lost time and more importantly lost commissions.
    We saw the sharp decline in prices last week, producing great commissions for those of us who were short, now in the last week 50%+ gains again great commissions for those of us who were long.
    I just cant see that anything has changed in the last week to justify this rally other than my little conspiracy theory ;) The global economy is still a mess, demand is still yet to really slow etc etc..
    Time will tell i guess, if these guys wait for the next sniff of bad news from the US and 'flick the switch' over to short and down we go again...
    Maybe I am just a little bitter and twisted as i missed some of the overnight gains of late ( too chicken to hold over night) but this is just my 2cents worth and would be interested to hear peoples opinions on this..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.