XJO 0.88% 7,959.3 s&p/asx 200

retskas bear culling thursday, page-27

1. 1,989 Posts.
    Obama is speaking tonight actually - but Fri our time, I guess. Apparently, all of these types of speeches (7 Presidential joint Congressional speeches on business and the economy)have been ineffectual as far as the economy is concerned.

"The balance of the speeches addressed different crises such as soaring energy costs, inflation, and recession. Each of these speeches offered specific road maps for economic improvement. While each president gave a broad description of the trouble, most offered a specific set of solutions. Rarely were any of the plans adopted, either because of political opposition or because the problems resolved themselves. In many cases, the economy got worse after the presidential address. It is impossible to trace any recovery to the presidential proposals in almost every case. Those that were enacted into law were so substantially changed by Congress that they barely resembled the presidents' suggestions."

Read more: How The Seven Biggest Presidential Speeches On The Economy Failed - 24/7 Wall St.

http://247wallst.com/2011/09/06/how-the-seven-biggest-presidential-speeches-on-the-economy-failed/#ixzz1XJkTzljb

My eyes and ears are more inclined to be on Ben's speech in Minnesota tonight.......

Also keeping an eye out on a sticking point in the EU ie Finland, Slovenia, Austria, the Netherlands and Slovakia wanting collateral of some sort - they've still are yet to work out a workable solution......

Although at least Merkel ticked another off the Greek Bailout shopping list last night.

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.