ART 2.00% 24.5¢ airtasker limited

Return customers

1. 10 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Hi all, just looking for some feedback.

I've been using "Fiver.com" on and off for over a decade now and at one stage I had someone on "Fiver" doing weekly work (through Fiver) for me over a three-year period. My last project was some database work but that was a one-off job which saved me money going through fiver. When I saw or heard about Airtasker, I immediately thought of "Fiver.com" and I could relate to the concept and the idea of investing in ART really piqued my interest, but I didn't invest.

The nagging doubt, or the reason why I keep overlooking ART is the ability to retain customers using the same service provider through the "Airtasker" platform. In other words, if I use a handyman why wouldn't I just get his business card and call him directly the next time I want to use him so that I bypass Airtasker? I know I could have done this with my weekly job on Fiver, but since the person doing my work lived abroad (like most service providers) and the job didn't cost a lot weekly, the commission was a small price to pay to have a secure platform where services and payment could be exchanged.

Is this "stickiness", for want of a better word a concern for the business or investors? Or does it seem like the business is more focused on or more reliant (for profits) on the customer who needs a "one-off" type service like a removalist or an emergency plumber or a bit of landscaping that needs doing.

I've asked around to friends who have used Airtasker and their experience has been positive but were all just one-off types of jobs that were not going to be needed again.

Maybe I am concerned over nothing, but I can't help but compare my experience with Fiver and apply it to Airtasker where I see this "stickiness" of return customers an issue with the company's business model. Does the company recognise this as an issue or is its model more reliant on those one-off types of jobs. Do you see this as a flaw in the business mode or is it strong enough that it has created a culture where people know it is the "go-to" company to get jobs done?

Last edited by Zdane7: Tuesday, 09:20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ART (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $110.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.5¢ $11.96K 48.79K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 96838 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 106808 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.48pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ART (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.