MHC 0.00% 0.2¢ manhattan corporation limited

@Ammbush97 Yeah no worries, I can chime in about why the big ego...

1. 83 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 130
    @Ammbush97 Yeah no worries, I can chime in about why the big ego anomaly is a compelling exploration target (one I am looking forward to the team drilling), however I'll just keep it brief, as I don't have access to the region specific data the technical team has, so my interpretation will be slightly generalised.
    Exploration targets are generated through geophysical and/or geochemical anomalies, which are then applied to whats known about the local lithological and structural framework. In this case, the team has noticed a geophysical anomaly in the magnetic data they have, and called it the Big Ego prospect. This anomaly is a zone of lower then expected (for the rocks in the local area) magnetic response. This could mean a few different things when interpreting based on geology, however they have also noted that this anomaly sits upon a cross cutting structure (or a fault offset) that intersects the main shear zone in the Tib area (ie. the trend along which the tenements have been pegged). So what the technical team is saying, is that some event has caused this demagnetisation of the rocks in the Big Ego prospect, and they are linking this to the hydrothermal fluid event that precipitated gold in the area. A number of things backs up this hypothesis;
    1) Demag zones in most gold bearing greenstone belts are linked to structures running through the area, hydrothermally altering magnetic minerals to nonmagnetic minerals (a classic example is magnetite - a iron oxide common in certain rocks of the Tib area - ie. the dark red linear features could be zones of maybe 2-5% of this mineral in that rock unit showing up as a mag high, - being altered to pyrite - a gold associated mineral).
    2) The cross cutting structure is important because it can act as a structural trap, concentrating fluids that are travelling up/along the shear zone into small volumes of space in the rock - thereby allowing 1) to occur and producing this demag zone - disseminated magnetite altering to pyrite which can host gold in the area. A tried and tested model that has led to multiple discoveries in greenstone belts all over the world.
    These type of anomalies are very compelling to drill when all the right factors are in place for ore genesis (which is the case for the TIb area) and the fact that I think this anomaly has never been drilled? makes it all that more exciting. Have plenty of faith in Kell and the team that they will sniff out any deposits that are hidden in this incredibly under explored area - he has done it plenty of times before! Cheers
    Last edited by bobstanator: 10/08/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.185M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $3.298K 1.658M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 61748308 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 40666843 26
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.48pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.