RVS 0.00% 11.5¢ revasum inc.

Revasum, for education's sake

1. 529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 255
    In an attempt to learn something about an industry I know very little about I have bought some shares in Revasum for the following reasons:

• the best way to learn is to be at risk
    • The third largest holder WHSP is an investing company with an excellent record
    • I can understand the products to an acceptable degree
    • The market cap is undemanding
    • The company appears to be amply funded for the medium term
    • They are selling and servicing product

I do have many questions however and wonder if other more knowledgeable shareholders have any insight into any the following:
    1. What are the main barriers to entry for their poducts, IP, Price point?
    2. There are industry headwinds with respect to chip shortage which will affect growth over the current period but the company appears to be positioning itself in terms of inventory for the rebound. Are the products they sell at risk of being superceded, what is their competitive advantage here?
    3. Is the casette style method of loading restrictive on efficiency? I note that the major competitor Disco uses a similar method?
    4. Is any part of the process patented?
    5. The CEO has mentioned that they wont be able to compete with their major competitor (major size disparity) so what niche does RVS fill and can its competitor easily disrupt Revasum's business model?

Clearly this is a volatile industry to be part of, however the size of my holding means I can ride the free falls. Given the company has come to my attention during a "re-rating", though not because of it, I expect I've picked a very poor time to make an entry, however that will pale into insignificance relative to what I hope to learn and how I can apply it to future investments - with a bit of luck!

Look forward to any feedback

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RVS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.