GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Revenge Of The Electric Car (vid), page-30

1. 3,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 227
    http://gas2.org/2016/09/04/norway-boasts-worlds-largest-ev-fast-charging
    Norway Boasts World’s Largest EV Fast Charging Station
    The world’s largest fast charging station is located in the small town of Nebbenes, located about 60 kilometers north of Oslo, Norway. Through the use of aggressive incentives, Norway now has the highest percentage of electric vehicles on its roads of any nation. Today, about a quarter of all new cars sold in Norway are battery electrics or plug-in hybrids. Norway is one of Tesla’s best markets, with over 3,000 cars sold to Norwegian drivers.

Last weekend, 150 electric car owners showed up to celebrate the grand opening of the Nebbenes charging station, many of them Tesla owners. “I would like to thank all Tesla owners. Our mission would have been impossible without you. And I am pretty sure that this Supercharger has been the most requested lately. We have been pushed quite hard, and we try to comply with your wishes as best we can. Our single most important task is to accelerate the world´s transition to sustainable energy, and we are doing it through devoted ambassadors like you. This is our next step, and we are very proud to take it with you,” Tesla’s Nowegian manager, Pål Simonsen, told the crowd.

The new charging facility is open for business 24 hours a day and can recharge up to 28 cars simultaneously. Befitting the fact that there are so many Teslas in the country, the facility features 20 Tesla Superchargers. Combined, they can consume 2 megawatts of electricity if all are in use simultaneously. There are also four fast charging stations that offer both CHAdeMO and CCS charging plus four 22 kilowatt chargers.

Christina Bu, secretary general of the Norwegian EV association, was also on hand for the festivities. She told the audience, “Today we represent more than 35,000 EV owners, making us the biggest EV owners organization in the world. More than 3,000 of those drive a Tesla, the rest drive a large selection of different models and makes. I think it´s wonderful to get a fast charging station where a total of 28 EVs are able to fast charge at the same time.”

With many people claiming that acceptance of electric cars is being slowed by a lack of infrastructure, Norway is once again showing the world how to press the electric car revolution forward with programs that take away the fear of electric cars and make them fit the lifestyle of everyday drivers. Kudos to Norway for being the home of the largest electric car recharging facility anywhere.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.