DMC 0.00% 30.0¢ design milk co limited

I think they are booking the utility component as revenue.Take...

1. 80 Posts.
    I think they are booking the utility component as revenue.
    Take the following announcement for example:
    "Utiligy has been awarded a five year contract for the company�s first embedded network that includes the supply of Voice and Data.

The contract is for the supply and management of electricity, hot water, voice and data to seventy-one apartments used for student accommodation in Hawthorn, Melbourne. The contract which includes provision of all metering and telecommunications hardware and the retailing of the electricity, hot water, phone calls and internet access has a contract value in estimated to be in excess of $1.2M."

1.2Million divided by 5 years divided by 71 apartments is approx $280 per month per apartment.

It doesn't make sense if this is what int is charging for their services - it would only make sense if this included the utility bills that the students were paying IMO.

It seems OK to book this as revenue because they are retailing it but it does have a material impact on the revenue figures (hence I assume why it is necessary to disclose it)

I think the revenue growth is largely due to a change in accounting practices which makes it difficult to assess performance on revenue figures alone.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DMC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.