reverse discrimination in thailand, page-19

1. 2,294 Posts.
    That is correct molonski, I am coming from a westerner point of view. After all, if one is not Thai there is no other option. It is not possible, as the Thais themselves all agree upon, for any other race to understand what it is like to be Thai.
    But from my experience, Thais are not capable of seeing 4 inches past thier noses. In driving for instance, Thais are incapable of anticipating what is happening 3 to 5 vehicles in front, a fundamental lesson that we all learned in the west at driving school. Thus one of the highest accident rates in the world.
    Shopping, or just filling up at the service station is a maddening experience because of a complete lack of understanding of common sense practice's that one takes for granted in western countries.
    There are many instances that I could write about , most Thai travellers would agree though.
    This is not denigrating to Thais either, Thais have a unique ability to be openly critical about one another or other races, so usually take no offense at what I say or write about them. Thais are unique in a way, excellent sense of music and fashion, food and entertainment, but have been held back by successive corrupt governments which try to maintain the status quo . The divide between rich and poor is dramatic, but as Linebacker 11 points out, the newly elected government backers have a better track record with policies which address that.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.