PEN 1.25% 8.1¢ peninsula energy limited

Yep Hussy, agreed, times are different.But first let me stand...

1. 840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 296
    Yep Hussy, agreed, times are different.
    But first let me stand corrected, by someone who was more in the know.
    The share price topped at $A11.20 and the Chinese offer was for $A8.60, or $8.66.
    Back then Extract had no mine and were not really equipped to build a mine; dollarwise, or with the skill set.
    The Chinese, according to some a little closer, got an absolute bargain and many S/holders didn't give a stuff; me for one. The GFC was on.
    I have not idea what the exchange rate was.
    The sovereign risk in places like Africa was quite different.
    Putin was a very agreeable kitten and was prepared to sell energy grade uranium for diddly squat. Russia came to dominate the energy grade market.
    Now most of the western world is in a tizz. Where do they get energy grade fuel if Putin cuts off supply; if the US moves to ban Russian supply? The Bill passed by the House in the US puts an end date of 2028 for Russian supply.
    Plenty of time. Nah. Rock chip to mine takes 10+years in the best jurisdictions, and that doesn't include Australia with its nutcase attitude to nuclear energy. Canada is front and centre for the US but with their typical approval times to mine, the supply situation is seriouslyextraordinarily, just say very different. So who will Uncle Sam look to? Who will Washington want as a supplier?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.1¢
Change
0.001(1.25%)
Mkt cap ! $258.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 8.2¢ 8.0¢ $392.3K 4.852M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 21357 8.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.2¢ 459938 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.38pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.