Reversing autoimmune diseases, page-2

1. 17,981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 151
    @Ebed_Kerez - thankyou for posting this - I have listened to some of it, but can assure you that in my daughter's case, she already had a sensitivity to gluten from the time she went on solid foods as a baby, Except I did not receive any advice, either from the medical personnel at the Baby Health Center I went to, nor from a doctor. She did not thrive and put on as much weight as other babies and cried a lot more. she must have had tummy problems even when a baby when, after weaning, I first put her on the commercial porridge-like baby food, which was wheat based.

There is evidence that early humans, often up to the Bronze Age were unable to digest gluten because the early grasses were poor in gluten - some of those grasses are still around and are good substitutes for wheat. Even 'Ice-Man - Oetzi' - the body of a 5000 year old male found in the border area of Italy and Austria - showed evidence of gluten-sensitivity (I do no know how they measured this).

There is also good evidence - and I have lived long enough to have experienced this - that the wheat now grown has been bred to contain a higher percentage of gluten and protein.- For example: the height of the stalk is much reduced, so more growing energy can go into producing the kernel - I remember as a child playing hide-and-seek in wheat fields, nowadays impossible, because the wheat stalk is so much shorter.

My eldest daughter is the only relative I know of - even one generation back - who has this condition - however she has one daughter with the same problem, so there must be a genetic component. Both manage to avoid gluten in their daily diet, because there are a variety of kernels around, which are a substitute for wheat.
    Thankyou
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.