LYC 0.28% $7.10 lynas rare earths limited

Review results tomorrow, page-72

1. 1,238 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168

The picture that western businesses have not really appreciate is that many countries that used to be their dumping grounds for waste no longer accept the stuff as these countries have become more developed or richer. The two main reasons why many western companies invest in poor countries is to use the cheap labour and to avoid the stricter environmental laws in developed countries.

In the case of Lynas, Malaysia is not that poor to be afraid of loosing Lynas. Malaysia asks for permanent solution to the wastes. This is the typical thing that companies avoid to do because it is hard and costly. I exited this stock a while ago as I know there is no easy way and there is no way the Malaysians will accept a situation where Lynas will just build up more wastes and then exit the country leaving the wastes behind.They also asks Lynas to invest in building downstream industries to offer a richer ecosystem of employment for the Malaysians rather than just focus on cheap labour and dumping wastes as they are doing now. This is the thing that poor countries needs but western companies generally avoid.

Here comes the Cambodian solution I talked about before. Lynas can try to emulate the Liberals' idea of dumping refugees in Cambodia. Lynas can dump the wastes as "fertilisers" in Cambodia or any poor countries.

Anyway, it's a ticking time bomb until Sep 2019 where the licenses must be renewed for Lynas to continue to operate. They have to come up with solutions or at least clear plans and ready to implement the plans to hope for license renewal. It's time to buy a small Malaysian fertiliser company and get on with converting the waste into fertilisers and find a market to give it away for free!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.10
Change
0.020(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $6.608B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.05 $7.10 $7.01 $26.26M 3.714M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 21895 $7.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.10 46946 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.07
  Change
0.020 ( 0.02 %)
Open High Low Volume
$7.05 $7.09 $7.02 400096
Last updated 15.59pm 21/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.