NUH 0.00% 8.1¢ nuheara limited

Morning, to understand the one per store per month scenario...

1. 294 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 167
    Morning, to understand the one per store per month scenario requires a bit of overall hearing aid purchase knowledge in the USA.. Let me quickly explain.

In the United states ( 2023 ) only 5% of people that purchase hearing aids buy half shell/full shell hearing aids ( this is what Nuheara manufacture). Therefore when you build a product that only 5% of people in the category will purchase, immediately you have a sales problem, as you have limited yourself to a very very small section of the overall marketplace to sell into.

So for every 100 hearing aid buyers ( not people just looking ) in a walmart store and the six unit display, you have 2 companies with a half shell/full shell in the display, decreasing your initial sales opportunity from 5% per 100 buyers to 2.5% per 100 buyers from that display cabinet. So in reality, you have odds against making a sale of 97.5 % with only a 2.5 % chance of making a sale. The odds are drastically reduced from that 5% overall figure if you only sell online, hence why i said walmart was still good deal for them, despite not getting stocked in the stores.

That is the problem, its not really that Nuheara are doing anything wrong, the tech is actually very good, its the product thats wrong, and the low volume of sales simply reflects that 5% market segment of the overall market that they operate in. I dont know what the new Gen 4 will be, but I am hoping it is not a half shell full shell design, otherwise you inherit the same problematic issue they have historically had, so for me its a contine to hold until i see what the new product is, and secondly to see what it is they have been making with realtek for the 4 mill dollar spend

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NUH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.