JAY 0.00% 0.9¢ jayride group limited

Reviews - Nothing Short of Disgraceful, page-12

1. 19,322 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6421
    Yes and no. Right now the limo industry is pretty terrible and basically preys on tourists. Many people who might take a limo to and from the airport don't because of the risk of being stranded or not being picked up from your hotel, etc. There is no way to avoid the cowboys in the industry because as a individual it is near impossible to get a true idea if a limo company is dodgy or not.

This is where JAY has a massive opportunity. As they get larger and capture more of the market they learn which limo companies are bad and which are good and they can chase out the bad players. Not only this, but as the quality of the industry rises more customers will start to use a limo service (it is great if you get a good one) creating a positive feedback loop growing the entire industry. In many ways it is similar to what Uber and Lyft achieved in those markets where the taxi industry was terrible (e.g. SF and NYC) where the total passenger trips increased dramatically as quality improved.

JAY is of course high risk, but it is growing rapidly and has a real chance of being a huge international success. It is a pity nobody seems interested in it.

As an aside my rough estimate of the trips JAY facilitates was almost spot on. I said 20,000/month and the number reported today for FY18 was 240,000. I am always impressed when I get a guess like this so close

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JAY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.