NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

Do nothing is the current strategy, one I am happy to follow, my...

1. 4,742 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1427

Do nothing is the current strategy, one I am happy to follow, my motto. Doesn't usually get you into trouble if the future looks bright as is

Rollover relief is unlikely at present, which is a significant consideration for myself. As said before don't mind being a MIN shareholder as I think this company has a good future growth curve, not too dissimilar to NWE. The problem is the base trade in shares is too low.

I would have considered 1050:1 MIN:NWE but given the meager semi insulting increase to win over, 950:1 would be a better baseline for consideration. Chris relying on MIN share price increase to make the offer look better than before, the risk is share price rise is frothier than NWE. NWE and MIN are in locked step while in bid.

The insipid improvement in MIN bid may backfire on Chris Ellison given low take-up rate. Mitsui, Gina, Stokes, STO, Origin, Alcoa/Private equity. Scheme of arrangement for 75% for the remaining shares or just a normal takeover, and be satisfied to keep MIN on as a minority shareholder.

I am wondering what the big shareholders are thinking, Kennedy for instance is a significant canary for myself. He has been a lynch pin investor/NWE director etc. I think I would follow his trail. Has a good relationship with Shelley, and Iain... knows the players that maybe interested in NWE.

Waiting, enjoying reading the forum. I don't blame the board putting us up for sale, as long as they can see a rival bidder.

Last edited by trousergecko: 29/01/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.