LLL 0.00% 50.5¢ leo lithium limited

Back to the topic of "Risk v Reward" I think theres more...

1. 456 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 154
    Back to the topic of "Risk v Reward" I think theres more downside to come environmentally when it comes to Brine v hardrock. Ive found some interesting and not to well published information on the environmental impacts of brine extraction. I stumbled across an article based on water related conflicts of a community north of Chile by the name of Toconao. Theres a few others too but I found it quite incredible that it takes around 2.2millions litres of water to produce a ton of lithium (brine).

Dont get me wrong, Im nuts deep in a few brine companies across Bolivia, Chile and Argentina but I see some future risk inherited as some more reach production and footprints of existing producers expand. Its another reason why the technology around waste minimisation, purification and reusing groundwater is incredibly important. Less so for hardrock

For what its worth, I believe brine extraction is not getting the negative publicity (environmentally) that it will in the years to come. Principally because of the lithium push and the vast contribution brine has to the market however, its a space worth watching and for me, leaves me a little more comfortable having a few solid hardrock investments in my portfolio.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LLL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.