Reynolds would struggle for preselection

1. 27,356 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82

Reynolds would struggle for preselection;

WA Liberal elder Jeremy Buxton says Linda Reynolds would struggle for preselection

One of the most connected WA Liberals has said Linda Reynolds would have struggled to secure another nomination to stand for the Senate again, because of serious “reservations” about her handling of the Brittany Higgins firestorm.

And in his evidence, he testified that despite her experience and seniority, the long-time Senator and former defence minister may have struggled to win another place on a Liberal Senate ticket at the next election.

“Linda Reynolds has been a well-regarded senator, but I think it is very likely that … there would be a feeling among a considerable number of delegates that Senator Reynolds had mishandled the situation in her office,” Mr Buxton said.

“That she may have been unethical in a cover-up, and I think she may well have been judged a little more harshly as a female senator, that she did not adequately support a young female staff member.”

Mr Buxton said even if all the allegations were not believed, the Senator may have still struggled to win another endorsement.

“There would be a very considerable reservation, putting her at a disadvantage to other colleagues who … didn’t have to answer those sorts of questions,” he said.

“On the position on the ticket she would have been struggling, I think, to get the third position.”

https://thewest.com.au/news/court-justice/reynolds-vs-higgins-day-12-wa-liberal-elder-jeremy-buxton-says-linda-reynolds-would-struggle-for-preselection-c-15751559

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

Raider

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.