RFF 1.75% $1.97 rural funds group

RFF Management Fee Analysis, page-23

1. 37 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    I agree, I have held them for some time to varying degrees, so have been following them for a very long time, back to when their yield was approx 9% (because the price was so low on listing). Since then they have grown & diversified their properties.
    'Motley Fool' noted them on a list of 3 stocks to "Recession Proof" your portfolio.
    In addition I know that Pendal (Previously known as BT Investment management) recently adding as you would have seen with their large holding disclosure) & Ausbil were also big investors & they are not too shabby in their investment analysis from presentations I have attended by both in the past.
    This is all widely held information, so should not be taken as investment advice of course, but this forum is supposed to be option & that is mine.
    My take is that maybe the move is due to the lack of negative news, with B & B not manufacturing some additional negative comments for a little while & not being able to fight against a 6% yield when interest rates are tending to 1%, & will be worse with QE & negative interest rates being talked about. Additionally if our dollar falls, it makes RFF's tenants more competitive (& thus stronger); If we go into recession both would probably start to happen, however if nothing happens then your punishment for holding RFF is just under 6% & if they can keep to their strategy of growing that income by 4% pa that is almost 10% pa when other companies are struggling.
    But I expect there are still some skittish investors out there that will still respond to bad reports from B & B helping the short positions they & thir clients have built against RFF in the short term, unless they are starting to be ignored but suspect that is wishful thinking.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFF (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.